Utah Debt Relief Attorney
Undoubtedly, many considering bankruptcy have already experienced the frustration of dealing with harassing phone calls of creditors at home and work and threatening letters. Creditors and debt collectors are governed by several different laws in dealing with consumers and in collecting debts. The Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA), the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), and Utah Code, Title 12 are some of the laws which protect consumers from abusive practices.
Harassing Creditor Tactics
Your debt collectors are violating the law if they engage in any of the following practices:
- Falsely threatening to refer your matter to an attorney, harm your credit rating, repossess or garnish assets
- Use or threaten to use violence
- Use of obscene or profane language
- Publish a list of persons who allegedly refuse to pay debts, other than to credit bureaus
- Causing a telephone to ring or engaging any person in telephone conversation repeatedly or continuously with intent to annoy, abuse, or harass any person at the called number
- Contact you before 8 a.m. or after 9 p.m. without your consent or at any other time or place, which is unusual or known to be inconvenient
- Contact you at work after you have said that calls at work are not allowed
- Contact third parties without your consent such as relatives or neighbors other than to find out a debtors address and phone number
- If someone believes that they do not owe the money, and have notified the debt collector, the collector may not attempt contact again until they obtain and provide proof of the debt
Stop Foreclosure, Wage Garnishment & Creditors Fast
We can help you stop creditor harassment, stop wage garnishment, stop foreclosure, and get the debt relief you need. We can also help stop garnishments in Utah fast or from happening at all with our Affordable Bankruptcy Program or $0 Down Bankruptcy.
Get Relief with Utah Debt Relief Lawyer
Weekes Law office will help you regain peace of mind by contacting creditors on your behalf to end the onslaught of phone calls. Our office will also provide you with tools in identifying violations of the law by creditors and assess legal remedies to go after abusive creditors.Our experienced bankruptcy attorneys know how to stop harassing phone calls in Utah. Get help today from a knowledgeable Utah attorney in bankruptcy. Your fresh start is just over the horizon!